Celebrating life

Happy Birthday to me!  Today begins my 32nd year of life.  I look at myself in the mirror and see how time has changed me.  My laugh lines are a bit deeper this year, and I've noticed more gray hair sprouting haphazardly here and there, but I am still me.  Just a year older, a day, a minute.

I think back over the years and see the subtle differences.  Those evolutions that go beyond the shell. I cradle them inside the part of me that hovers below the surface and exists in my spirit, my soul, my thoughts.  That is the me that I long to be changed.  The part of me that cries out to be renewed. 

Another year has passed, and today I will celebrate.  I will dance to the song of my life, and I will sing of the grace and mercy of God.  I will rejoice with my creator, the one who knows the number of my days, who desires to answer my cry to be made a thing of beauty.

The Lord has shown you what is good.
      He has told you what he requires of you.
   You must treat people fairly.
      You must love others faithfully.
   And you must be very careful to live
      the way your God wants you to. 
Micah 6:8

April 10th 1980 - the beginning

4th birthday - 1984

9th birthday - 1989

12th year sometime in 1992

 17th birthday - 1997

20th birthday - 2000
32!  2012

Popular Posts