A call to deeper faith

I am writing from Kerrville, Texas, a little town an hour north of San Antonio.  Tim and I are here for our missionary orientation for Commission To Every Nation.  It seems surreal to be here, but a lot of our life has been feeling that way lately.


Back in May when we shared God's call for our lives to our church, it was quite a surprise (shock?) to many people.  But God had really been speaking to us for many years about going deeper with him, and all along we were saying yes.  He had planted in our hearts a desire to know him more, to love him more, to seek him more.  The how was really just a matter of detail.

There were a few people that we invited into our story before it became common knowledge.  We spoke over tables and in chairs moved close to one another.  These were people who knew us well, and loved us completely.  And when they allowed our story to settle down into their hearts and minds, they shared with us that it was really no surprise at all, this direction our life was turning.  They had witnessed the journey we had travelled to this place.

We sang "Oceans" on that day in May as a body of believers, and I think back to those moments when I hear it.  It centers my heart and reminds me of the posture I want to hold, surrendered.

"Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever you would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior"


Comments

Popular Posts