What I suppose I should be feeling

When I got up this morning and realized it was Tuesday, I felt excited.  Why?  Because I wanted to share another song off of my playlist for Tune in Tuesday.  I've thought all week about what song I would choose, and it was last night that I knew I wanted it to be based on my current situation.

On Sunday, we moved out of our home to pick up residence with my brave sister Nancy and her family of six.  (Just for fun, I wrote a story about her bravery HERE.)  We mostly fit three levels of a house into one, and as you can imagine things don't exactly fit neatly into place.  

I enjoy visual organization.  I like clean lines, and tidy spaces.  When I work at the hospital, I straighten my patient's rooms.  When we go out to eat, I pile plates and discard straw rappers.  My children's collections of "things" disappear when they are at school.  (Do not tell them!)  That is not my reality right now, and it won't be for some time yet.  But last night, as I was walking past boxes of dishes and clothes and too many stuffed animals, I realized that my soul was at rest.  I should be stressed about the amount of work that is in front of me.  I should be complaining that I can't find anything.  I should be feeling sad that my house is gone.  I don't feel any of those things right now.

I can tell you that it has nothing to do with me.  I know my tendencies all too well, and began to think about why I felt such peace in the midst of chaos.  And then I remembered all of the people who said they were praying for our family.  Of course!  

So, on this Tuesday, I want to remember where my strength, help, hope, and peace come from.  And I also want to offer my heartfelt gratitude for those who are faithfully mentioning our names before God.

Comments

Popular Posts