Thankful living

It is underneath the surface, I can feel it bubbling close to skin and lips, burning.  How many times had it already escaped today, I wonder?  Spewing out of a mouth that should be offering kindness and love are the words of frustration and impatience heating right through the tender ears of offenders.

 I know it truth that I'm not meant to own it as I grasp it knuckle-white tight.  These foul ejections of pointing out the discontent of lives touched by imperfections coming from eyes and a heart that sees only in the dark.  But I want to break free.

Free. . . free from the struggle of feeling all wrong while trying to do all right.  Can I tell you how I wish that it were easy?  To force aside the ugly parts of the day, and claim the good of God and life and love. For love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.


A new day dawns bright as long arms of the sun reach through the window to warm me.  Today, this day, I move with intention to honor blessings, to honor love.  Today I will live thankfully.

I am thankful for

1. 4 sleeping children, all mine
2. the beauty of a new day, to start again
3. COFFEE!


I invite you to leave you own list of three, joining in thankfulness together.


Comments

  1. 1. A God who knows me by name and loves me beyond explanation.
    2. A beautiful wife (who also is an incredible writer)
    3. 4 wonderful children here with me and 2 waiting for me in heavenly splendor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that I can share in all of these with you!

      Delete
  2. 1. God's infinite faithfulness, mercy, and love; and his better plan for all of us
    2. The gift of the love of my wife for the past 40 years - a gift which will last and grow for all eternity
    3. 3 good sons; 3 amazing "daughters," 7 perfect grandchildren, and my "grand angels" in heaven
    ...and 3a. - Chocloate! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shallow part of me like 3a best! Maybe because it made me laugh.

      Delete
  3. Aww, I love these comments and this post. It does take effort some days to focus on being thankful, but it's so worth it.

    I am thankful for my home, my career, my family, my health.
    I am thankful for the internet, where you can connect so easily with friends and family.
    I am thankful to be a mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I love your thank you list. It's been so long since I have seen you. Hope all is well. In my searching, I've found you busy with your photography, and I think you are doing such a beautiful job.

      Delete
  4. 1. Knowing that God has a plan/reason for the current pain/stress in which I find myself.
    2. An abundance of friends who have stood by my side during the last month.
    3. Air conditioning in the hot/humid southern US. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts are with you Martha. I saw your post the other day about your little guys having a rough time with the move. I pray God's good grace would lift you up so that you can continue to be a great mom in this rough season.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts